Monday 11 April 2011

Feedback on the presentation: "Criteria of choosing wives for Japanese men" & "Animations in Japan"

A. Criteria of choosing wives for Japanese men

This is a very interesting survey conducted by Helen san, Ellen san and Claudia san! Although not much Japanese people have done this questionnaire, the results of the survey can still be a reference for girls who want to marry a Japanese XD

I found that the results of this survey were quite similar to my expectations, for instance Japanese men prefer their wives to be good at cooking, kind and gentle etc, maybe I was partly influenced by those Japanese TV drama and animations that a married woman should possess these qualities! Also, it is fun to know that Japanese men would consider women having more friends as better persons! I don’t think people in Hong Kong would do this! And despite the fact that the Japanese women love to put on their make-ups, Japanese men simply do not like that. But then I think make-ups are necessary for women to give a good first impression to the men, just don’t overdo it would be ok : )

I do not know whether I would marry to a Japanese man or not, but actually I think it would be interesting if I can be someone who has a different nationality and cultural background from me! Though communication and cultural differences would be the obstacles in a relationship of two people with different nationalities, I think one can learn how to accept and tolerate others under such a circumstance!

B. Animations in Japan

Yuki san and Elaine san are certainly professionals in studying Japanese animation, and this survey is really interesting and informative! This survey clearly reveals that the influences of Japanese animations on people are not entirely negative in nature, it seems to me that not many Japanese people are addicted to animations. Rather, they would treat watching animation as a kind of leisure activity, or an entertainment. But then it is out of my expectation that not many people in Japan like watching some classical animations, like ‘Slam Dunk’, ‘Kindaichi Case Files’etc.

I really appreciate the beautiful artworks and creativities of the Japanese people who make the animations! I was also once very obsessed with one of the most popular animation, and that’s ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’! l love the storyline and the characters in the animation, and I consider this animation as the best animation I have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment